Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fashion revamp

FASHION!!!

Today, I'm going to tell you about a fashion fix that could save your life! Well not really but it is a pretty nifty trick. 

I have a few pairs of jeans that I absolutely love but can't stand wearing because I constantly have to either pin them up or roll them up. Even with heels they were too long.

So, if you have a sewing machine, here is a quick way to a pair of like new jeans.

Above is the before and after shot of each leg.

First, measure the length you need to decrease each leg by. Then, pin up each leg so that you have the original seam. Pin midway between the excess and the seam so that when you sew, you can get as close as possible and you can leave the pins in place.


Next, sew it up. Make sure you get the side seams lined up. This can be a bit tricky.

Now, iron the excess if you want to keep it on. You can trim it if you'd like, but I have attachment issues so I left it :)

Lastly, iron the outside.



There you go! All done and ready to wear with heels or flats!

Hope you enjoy!

Update: Over time and after many alterations, I have found that using a zipper foot on your machine when you do this really gets your stitch closer to the factory seam.

No comments:

Post a Comment