Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Springtime

Springtime Lovelies

 
 
I have been seeing awesome vine wreaths all over the place lately and just loved the look of them on a front door. I kept thinking to myself that I could make one out of the branches in my backyard. Well, I finally did.
 
In the South, there are so many twisted, tangled, and topsy-turvy branches around everywhere. There just happened to be quite a few hanging off a tree in my backyard when we moved into our new home. The first thing I thought of when we moved here was to make a vine wreath.
 
 
First, I cut down several branches that struck my eye and made sure they were long with plenty of thin branch to wrap around the wreath to bind it together.
 
 
I apologize that I didn't take pictures when I tore down the branches but it got pretty messy.
 
 
Here is a picture of the wreath all put together.
 
 
I made some roses from wired ribbon I had leftover from the holidays as well as the letter 'F' monogram wrapped in yarn for the middle. Added some gold leaves I had laying around. With some of the yarn, I also made some bows.
 
 
 
Overall, this was a pretty easy DIY. I found it also made a nice hiding place behind the flowers, in the twigs, to place a hidden key.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment